Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Meet Bailey Jo and Family & First Home

Hello!:) Welcome, meet my family and I!  This is my handsome husband, JJ, and our border collie, Boyd.  First of all let me tell you why I chose to call this site BLISSFUL.  Of course, as you know another work for blissful is happiness.  Happiness is an important concept for me, whether it being instant happiness, long term happiness or the happiness in others.  It drives a lot of my decisions, especially when specific decisions do not involve money. I put things on a scale of happiness.  I feel like I am just finally discovering specific things that make me happy like: my style, hobbies, jobs, career, friends, family and at the top of my list is travel.  I mean, I never knew how much I really liked lace or chevron.  Sadly, I did not develop this sense of happiness until after I got married.  Oh, if I could do my wedding all over again the design and style would be COMPLETELY different.  Anyway the first thing I'd like to share is the fact that my husband and I purchased our own home.


The picture above is taken in front of our very first home purchase.  We closed on our home in November of 2012.  Since then amazing things have happened.  It was quite a stressful experience purchasing a home.  Especially since we may have jumped into things a little early.  We were just too excited to wait.  Our selection in the town we were looking was limited, especially for our price range.  When we were taken to this home by our realtor, I was instantly in love.  LOTS of space, four bedrooms, completed basement and a lot of character with being a home built in 1921.  The original owners of the house were ready to sell and were generous with the price.  We got the house under appraisal value!  What a blessing.  Since my husband is still living in another town, we had planned to find roommates for me while I lived there.  We found two, a twenty something boy and girl who were an engineer and a teacher.  They stayed shortly though. Here are the BEFORE pictures! (Once I get more decor up I will post AFTER pictures!)






Any helpful decor tips would always be welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment