Monday, March 25, 2013

Gender Reveal!

I headed to Omaha this weekend for a girl's weekend.  I had some free time on Saturday so my friend Lauren, the nurse,  invited me to get an ultrasound at the pregnancy clinic she works at.  I am 15 weeks along at this point, so it is a possibility to find out the gender of your baby at this time, depending on its position.  Lauren sat in the room with me while we were checking on my little peanut.:)  What a great thing to experience with your best friend.  She loved it.  My little peanut was very active, usually moving and twisting.  We had the radiologist keep the gender a secret, so she could write the gender down and I could share it with my husband when we were together. Oh, the secrecy!:)  Lauren wrote it on a piece of paper and put that paper into an envelope for JJ and I to open later.  I drove the 2.5 hours back home and JJ was very excited to open the envelope. We waited until all our guests were gone and opened it together in our bedroom.  It's a........ GIRL!  We are having a precious baby girl! JJ was slightly sad, but is mainly hoping for a healthy baby above what gender it will be.  We will check again at my next ultrasound with my OBGYN to confirm the determination.

I plan to send my mom, dad and sisters a pink balloon and a blue balloon, both deflated with confetti and the gender inside.  They will have to blow the balloons up and pop them find out the answer!


On a random side bar, I have had the best conversations with my 8th grade students about my pregnancy already.  For example, the day I told my 8th period class we were correcting our homework and with every letter I give an example like "Number one is B as in boy, two is c as in cat" and after every example a different student would come up with a word that relates to something baby that starts with whatever the answer letter was.  They came up with works like baby, children, diaper.  At the end the last answer I read was a C, one of my "out there" students called out, "C as in KID!"  The class was in an uproar, I was laughing off the edge of my chair, it was a great day in class.  The next day I saw that same class, JJ had come to visit.  He brought me lunch and Bella during my planning period and hung out for the first 3 minutes of my 8th period class.  After he had left, one of my students exclaimed, "He got Mrs. J Pregnant!"  Once again, we were rolling on the floor laughing.  I have some pretty funny students!

1 comment: