Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Easter with the Poppe's

On Easter weekend JJ and I headed to Omaha to spend the weekend with his family.  We drove up on Saturday, spent the night at the Poppe's, then drove back to Lincoln on Sunday afternoon.  We enjoyed a delicious kabob luncheon on Sunday with JJ's immediate family, minus his brother and his brother's family.  Next weekend, we will head to Sioux City to have Easter for my side of the family.  I feel JJ and I got lucky this year because my family chose to push the Easter celebration back a week, since my grandma wasn't back from Arizona yet.  So we are able to go to both gatherings this year.

JJ and I decided to reveal the gender of our babe to his side of the family this weekend.  What better way to do it on Easter weekend than with an egg hunt for the kiddos?:)  We filled 12 plastic eggs with candy and hid a small piece of paper with the baby's gender written on it in one egg.  JJ and I hid the eggs in Sarah's backyard and had the girls find them.  They were pretty quick at finding them.  We went inside and opened each egg to find the one with the note.  Emmie found it, then Ellie read it aloud, with the help of grandma Lorie.
Ellie holding Bella!

The egg with a secret note inside.. SHHH!

Which one has the gender written inside?



1 comment:

  1. I love that you guys get to do so many reveals! And they're all so cute!

    ReplyDelete